Friday, April 30, 2010

Vintage beach engagement session + style board











This is one of my favorite portrait sessions to date (about as good as this one, I'd say). The light... man, it's incredible. As are the artists behind these images, the Luna Photo team (be sure to check out more from this session on their blog here!). Though I (sadly) don't have any upcoming portrait sessions to speak of (and even if I did, I'm not sure I would be as brave as Sarah and Nick), I will hopefully have some upcoming beach trips.

Since Sarah's getup is so fabulous, I thought it would be fun to put together a little style board based on her shoot. Here's what I came up with:



Sarah's suit is from Victoria's Secret ($125) and is also available in black. Alas, even if I wanted to spend $100+ on a swim suit, VS is out of my size. That's probably a good thing.

To get those crazy lashes, I suggest Lancome Definicils High Definition Mascara ($24.50). Maybelline Great Lash ($6.50) also works well.

A similar version of Nick's hat is available at Urban Outfitters ($28).

This next item is a poor stand-in for the shoot's gorgeous, oversize (what looks like) vintage quilt, but in a pinch, it'll do. From Robert Roller Rabbit, $60.

Now those heart sunglasses, I think I might need them. And trust: if I showed up to the beach in these, pretty sure not a single one of my friends would bat an eyelash. At $98 from Juicy Couture, however, they're a little steep for my budget. I did also find this version from Urban Outfitters, ringing in at the much more palatable price of $10.

Last but not least, we have this picnic basket from Amazon ($25). I would pack it with hard-boiled eggs, strawberries, and brownies. What about you?

P.S. While we're on the subject, does anyone have a favorite source for handmade quilts? That is, besides your grandmother's attic? Although, if you're willing to let me raid your grandmother's attic, I'm game for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Peach and Pearl reserves the right to restrict comments that do not contribute constructively to the conversation at hand. Name and email are required, website is not. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!