Monday, May 2, 2011

Summer to do list


Alison Miksch

Do you all make seasonal to do lists? I'll often make one for summer and one for the Christmas season. (Here's a past year's Christmas list.) This is what I've got for summer 2011 so far:

-- go swimming in the Eno River
-- jump off the wharf at the Island
-- see a moonlight movie at Koka Booth Amphitheatre
-- go to a Backporch Music concert at the American Tobacco Campus
-- complete a Backwoods OK race
-- shag at North Hills
-- go on a road trip somewhere in the southeast
-- take a walk on River Road in Mystic
-- spend a day at the beach
-- eat lots of cobb salad and chicken souvlaki
-- camp
-- have a staycation
-- watch fireworks

What's on your summer to do list?

6 comments:

  1. When I looked at this picture quickly I really thought it was of the three of us.

    Where's the 101 in 1001 recap for this month????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Koka Booth Ampitheatre is a wonderful venue!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We just went to North Hills for shagging last week! Let S & I know if you and J want to go in the next couple of weeks :) So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh jealous! Yes, we would LOVE to go with you guys! It sounds so fun!

    And Becka, I would have had the same reaction as you before I moved to the South. Shagging is a type of dancing that (I think) originated in North Carolina :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a delightful list- I love that you're planning on going shagging! We take it upon ourselves to introduce our New England friends to real NC beach music- they love it! You've inspired me to create my own list. Thanks, Emily!

    ReplyDelete

Peach and Pearl reserves the right to restrict comments that do not contribute constructively to the conversation at hand. Name and email are required, website is not. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!