Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Rosecliff: The Accessories

So way back when, at the start of this series, I promised to put together a sophisticated, classic look on a budget. This week, "budget" became the operating factor. To find accessories to complement my dress, I did a whole lot of shopping in my closet {something I highly recommend!}, with a little bargain-store hunting thrown in for good measure. Here's what I found.

On the left, you'll find my perfume of choice: Lovely by SJP. As you can see, I haven't used very much, as I try to save it for special occasions {such as a fancy mansion black-tie ball}.

On the right, we have my sparkly silver dancing shoes. They're comfortable, they're already broken in, and they make it so that my dress doesn't need to be hemmed. Done and done. I bought them a few seasons ago at Macy's, so I doubt they're still being sold, but as you can see the brand is Rampage.



If you know me, you know I have a slight bag addiction. I'm not even sure what I bought this clutch for originally, but it's cute and it fits the color scheme.



I know I told you I was buying one of three pairs of earrings from White Aisle, but by the time I remembered I would actually need to place an order if I was ever going to receive them in time to wear, I would have had to use expedited shipping. Budget, remember? So it was off to Kohl's for me, where I picked up these two shiny pairs for about $15 each {no shipping necessary!}. I'm going to try both of them on once I get my hair done before I make a decision on which one's the keeper.



Possibly my favorite accessory is hiding in the middle of this last photo: red polish for my toes! I read somewhere once Jackie O said you should always have pale pink polish on your fingernails and red polish on your toenails. I think I agree. The NYC shade shown here is my go-to color {I think it's 211A?}.



Stay tuned for next week's post, where I'll reveal how all this inspiration came together!

Previously:

The Location
The Dress
The Hair
The Jewelry
The Face

2 comments:

  1. I say go for the longer earrings! ahhh budgets! i want to go shopping so badly just to get something for this weekend but i keep telling myself very sternly that saving up for lenses and camera gear is way more important.

    i can't wait to see pics of the whole look and the ball too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have that clutch in navy! Love it :)

    ReplyDelete

Peach and Pearl reserves the right to restrict comments that do not contribute constructively to the conversation at hand. Name and email are required, website is not. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!