Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Valentine's Day Chocolate DIY

As promised, a petite Valentine's Day DIY. My original plan was to make the "Sweet Sensations" from the Winter 2009 Martha Stewart Weddings:


{Directions here and template here}

I wasn't too impressed with how my version came out, however, mainly because I was using Ghiradelli squares instead of Martha's fancy tasting squares.


{In retrospect, the heart cut-out should have been bigger. Much bigger.}

After I added my own twist to the project, here's what I ended up with:



And here are the instructions:


{Click to enlarge!}

1) Assemble your supplies: ruler, pencil, clear tape, glue {I swear by the Tombow permanent runner}, scissors, decorative paper, ribbon, and chocolate {I chose two Ghiradelli flavors: dark chocolate with raspberry filling and milk chocolate with vanilla caramel.}

2) Begin by folding back the edges of the wrapper so the package is as neatly square as possible.

3 & 4) Using clear tape rounds in between layers, stack the squares on top of each other in {again} as neat a formation as possible. This may take several tries.

5 & 6) Cut your paper in a long, thin strip, making sure it's long enough to go around the chocolate with some overlap. Glue in place. Choose a coordinating ribbon {or ribbons} and tie in a bow or knot.

Repeat for as many valentines as you're lucky to have!

What are you doing for your valentines this year? I'd love to hear some more ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Peach and Pearl reserves the right to restrict comments that do not contribute constructively to the conversation at hand. Name and email are required, website is not. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!