Friday, February 6, 2009

Skinny Minnie

I know thin belts aren't a particularly new trend, but try as I might, I still can't figure out how to make them look good {on me, anyways}. I always seem to be wearing them at the wrong section of my torso, or they bunch the layers underneath when I stand or sit or walk, or I can't figure out what to do with the tail of the belt after its been buckled. Every month, the J. Crew catalog taunts me with page after page of perfectly put-together outfits topped off with the slimmest belts. I tear out said pages, and store them away or hang them in my closet, but I just can't seem to pull off the look when the time comes. This saddens me, because these belts are quite versatile.

They can dress up jean jackets:



They can cinch a cardigan:



They can accent a lady-like jacket as well as a chunky sweater:


{All photos c/o the tantalizing J. Crew, except for the top right and middle right, which are c/o Glamour}

So tell me, dear readers: what am I doing wrong? Have you gotten this style to work for you? Any tips you would be willing to pass along?

1 comment:

  1. I love these belts. This inspires me to smarten up my act - I am in a rut of wearing my cosy cashmere jumper and jeans - every day. A belt instantly makes you look more pulled together!

    ReplyDelete

Peach and Pearl reserves the right to restrict comments that do not contribute constructively to the conversation at hand. Name and email are required, website is not. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!