Friday, January 23, 2009

Vines, Light Bulbs,and Cardboard: Oh My!

A visit to an Anthropologie is always an adventure - it's like entering another world entirely. I could spend hours wandering from display to display (let's be honest: I could spend hours gazing at the store windows!).















I can't fathom the amount of time that must go into creating such unique and elaborate displays, or the hours someone must spend hunting for all the "props" on the floor that aren't being sold: antique typewriters, old photographs and handwritten letters, scraps of ribbon and lace. I can't help wondering where it all comes from, and what they do with it after the display is taken down - host a huge yard sale? Store it in a vast warehouse somewhere? Return it to the homes of company employees?

P.S. On this visit, I escaped with just six of these lovelies. To me, they are irresistible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Peach and Pearl reserves the right to restrict comments that do not contribute constructively to the conversation at hand. Name and email are required, website is not. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!