Thursday, January 1, 2009

The 101 in 1001 Book



In case you were intrigued by the photo in my last post, here are a few more details about the book I made to chronicle my 101 in 1001 journey.

The book itself is made by Canson: white, 6 inches by 6 inches, 40 pages, and spiral bound. I bought it for $5 at Michael's with a coupon.



I laid out the pages, including the cover, in Microsoft Publisher. For each, I made a 5x5 inch box with a thin border and then added the text and lines in different layouts. I printed them out on normal computer paper, cut on the thin black lines, then glued one to each page, front and back. I used only two fonts to keep the design consistent.



If the goal had multiple parts, I included a way to check off or record them (for example, in the above page, I included a line for each classic book I plan to read).



Some pages even have space for a picture. The one above was taken just before I completed #88 - it's me standing outside her studio (eek!!).



Let me know if you have any more questions!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Peach and Pearl reserves the right to restrict comments that do not contribute constructively to the conversation at hand. Name and email are required, website is not. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!