As many of you know, I'm entering the third and final year of my 101 in 1001 challenge. It ends on September 28, 2010. I'd like to complete as many goals as possible before then, so to keep myself accountable, I'm reporting on my progress on the first of every month (or close to it!). I'll tell you how many goals I've completed, how many goals are in progress, and which goals I'm going to be focusing on for the month.
So how did I do on my February goals?
1. Read three more books of the Bible for no. 3? Yes! (II Kings + I Chronicles + II Chronicles)
2. Send one handwritten letter for no. 10? Yes!
3. Attempt to get safety certified for no. 20 and look into local builds? Not yet.
4. Read another classic for no. 27? Several chapters into Great Expectations by Charles Dickens. Loved the movie, loving the book.
5. Memorize another poem for no. 28? Not yet.
6. Contribute to my IRA for no. 44? Yes!
7. Just do it already for no. 48? No. Apparently you need a doctor's appointment to really figure this one out, and on top of that you need to have blood drawn. I have narrowed it down a bit, though, based on my parents' types.
8. And -- this is the big one -- attempt to complete no. 59? I'm going to go ahead and say yes on this one. I didn't actually get up at exactly the same time for the last month, but I did get up within 20 minutes of the same time for the last month (except maybe one or two Saturdays...). And we've committed to getting up earlier on a regular basis going forward, and, honestly, that was the point anyway. It feels so good!
Where am I now? 39 completed and 21 in progress.
So what will I be tackling in March? I will...
1. Read three more books of the Bible for no. 3.
2. Read another faith-related book for no. 5.
3. Pledge to my (new!) home church for no. 6.
4. Do no. 7.
5. Do no. 8. I know I'll probably feel awkward, but hopefully it will be worth it.
6. Complete no. 35. A frosting tutorial from a local expert is on the schedule!
7. Do no. 53. I'm hoping now that it's warmer it'll be easier.
8. Try no. 63... risky.
See more details on any of these goals right here!