Thursday, March 25, 2010

Dream Home: Deep Window Seats

We're constantly in a process of refining our apartment, but over the last few weeks this process took on a new sense of urgency. We're just finishing up our third round of house guests in as many weeks. We wanted everything to look lovely and be comfy for them, especially since they live an airplane ride away and might not be back to visit for a while. We're on a limited budget and so have been collecting meaningful things slowly over the last few months, which ultimately, I think, is the best way to decorate, but can be frustrating when you just want it all to look pretty right now, darn it!

That being said, one thing I definitely want in a future home but don't realistically have a chance of getting anytime soon is a deep window seat, one where you can curl up and read. Or nap. A girl can dream, right? Some of my favorites:


{The Inspired Room}


{Better Homes & Gardens}


{BHG}


{BHG}


{House Beautiful}

4 comments:

  1. Love, love, love! I'm pretty sure our dream houses look the same :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A deep window seat is a wonderful thing to have. The only times I had one was in my college dorm rooms!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hypothetically, if you happen to get your dream house in the near future, would you mind if I moved in? Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whitney, you are always welcome in my abode. In fact, mi casa es su casa. I'll even let you sleep on said deep window seat!

    ReplyDelete

Peach and Pearl reserves the right to restrict comments that do not contribute constructively to the conversation at hand. Name and email are required, website is not. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!