Friday, October 2, 2009

DIY Friday: Brunch invitations!


{Please excuse my poor Photoshopping skills!}







Cousin getting married + extended family traveling to my new hometown = the perfect opportunity for entertaining! We've settled on hosting a brunch for the morning of the wedding, and these are the invitations I sent out. Stay tuned for many more planning details coming up next week in addition to a few last-minute apartment improvement projects (yay!).

DIY Details:

1. Establish the size of your envelope, then layout a design in the style and graphic program of your choice. I used Microsoft Publisher. If you like the look of my type, try selecting the "distribute all lines" alignment option.

2. Print and cut.

3. For extra pizzazz, I added fabric to the back of the invites with the scraps left over from this project. If you'd like to do this, too, lay out two invites at a time on newsprint and spray them with 3M Super 77 Multipurpose Adhesive (DO THIS OUTSIDE!!). Quickly smooth the paper onto the fabric and let the glue dry for a few minutes. Carefully cut around the edges of the invitation.

P.S. If you're a member of my family and think you should be getting an invite after reading this post but haven't received one yet, don't worry! I only sent them out on Wednesday, so rest assured it is in the mail. And I apologize for ruining the surprise. :)

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm. I like! My own brunch invites for a Sunday Hat Birthday Brunch are at http://www.corettaselegantevents.blogspot.com. Maybe I'll go the DIY route next time.

    ReplyDelete

Peach and Pearl reserves the right to restrict comments that do not contribute constructively to the conversation at hand. Name and email are required, website is not. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!