Thursday, October 7, 2010

Cool and classic cocktail party

Have you all seen Kevin Sharkey's cocktail housewarming party? It was in the September issue of Living and now has a gallery on Martha's site here. Some of the details were ridiculously over-the-top and almost nauseating (hundreds of Hermes boxes stacked in the shower? Using Chanel lipstick as markers?), but others were chic, charming, and easily replicable.

I loved that the only decorations were massed white and silver balloons with trailing strings:



And I thought turning the dining room table into a ping pong court for the evening was brilliant:



But my favorite takeaway of all was the Oreo cake. I actually don't like Oreos, but I have several friends who love them, and I can definitely see this idea being pulled out for a future birthday! Milk shooters would be the perfect accompaniment.



What did you think of Kevin's party?

6 comments:

  1. I really don't know what you are talking about; I ALWAYS use chanel lipstick when I cannot find my dry erase markers, and moving my collection of Hermes boxes every time I take a shower only takes 35 minutes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved that Oreo cake, but I would just simply stack Oreos on the outside of a buttercream cake if I was doing this in real life. Because no one should want to eat a "slice" of 20 Oreos in one sitting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG. I love this oreo cake, also great for the vegan population!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Annie -- I agree! I kind of pictured guests just taking one cookie at a time and nibbling instead of going in for a whole slice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. As a lover of Oreos, mostly the double stuff, I love the cake idea. Although I agree with Annie , a slice of that cake might, just might, be a little too much!

    ReplyDelete

Peach and Pearl reserves the right to restrict comments that do not contribute constructively to the conversation at hand. Name and email are required, website is not. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!